Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Kannada Swalpa Barthini!!..

It's all about my early days in Bangaluru..The garden city..
I came here last August and have been part of this city since then..

It's about my first Kannada Experience in this city.
So one day I was going with my friend in BMTC bus as part of my 'city roaming' session.
Then the conductor came into picture. I told him "two Majestic".Then his attention got deviated to something else and after a minute, he again came back to me..
Then he asked "Yeshtu?" Since I dont know it's meaning at that time I thought like even conductors in Bangaluru handle English pretty well. He asked me Yeshtu (It means How much!!) but I interpreted it as "Yes Two!!". I thought he was asking just to confirm the number of tickets.. Then I said "Yes, two"..He looked confused..and again asked Yeshtu?! and again I said "Yes,two Sir".. and finally I had to show with my fingers:).

That day I understood the meaning of "Yeshtu"..And I started learning Kannada..and it is still continuing..

1 comment:

  1. nice one pichosky! if u din use ur fingers he would have used his middle finger!!

    ReplyDelete